Ductless Mini-split Comfort Systems
The tried and true, smart technology behind the Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating systems of today has evolved from our introduction in the 1950s. Our technology allows energy efficient, individual comfort control with minimal impact on your home since we offer both ductless and limited length ducted solutions.
The technology behind Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating systems is referred to in many different ways, including mini-split, multi-split, split-ductless, split-zoning, and variable refrigerant flow. Mitsubishi Electric split-zoning technology is the primary method for conditioning spaces in homes and commercial building around the world. That is why Mitsubishi Electric introduced this technology into North America over thirty years ago.
Split-zoning systems allow each room (or space) using an individual indoor air-handler to be controlled independently from other rooms, thus providing individualized comfort control within each room of a home.
Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating uses advanced technology to bring you quality products that provide the ultimate in comfort and control while minimizing energy consumption. Mitsubishi Electric systems use two small refrigerant lines plus power and control wiring to connect an outdoor unit to each individual air handler. This allows for easy installation in new construction and causes minimal disruption if you are renovating or retrofitting your home.
The following features highlight the advanced technology, design, and components used in many Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating systems:
- INVERTER Technologyincluding INVERTER-driven compressors, electronic linear expansion valves, sensor and information processing components. INVERTER-driven compressor systems use only the exact amount of energy needed to cool or heat an area. So you can save energy and money while enjoying complete control over your comfort year-round.
- Advanced processorsand system control provide computing power in the indoor units, outdoor units, and remote controllers
- Zone control is one of the main technological benefits our systems offer, enabling you to control the temperature within any space that has an indoor unit installed. The ability to condition the spaces in use and not keep unoccupied spaces conditioned allows exceptional energy conservation. Individualized comfort control is available from one to eight rooms connected to a single outdoor unit.
Standard and enhanced filtration systems provide air filtration that utilizes washable filters thatcan last up to 10 years; this feature is good both for you and the environment. Hybrid Catechin and blue-enzyme filters contained in each indoor unit
remove allergens; each room has its own filter, therefore preventing cross contamination of air from room to room. Select systems incorporate an additional Platinum Catalyst filter for additional odor elimination
- SmartCoil™ design and operation uses multiple sensors to maintain coil temperature and regulates refrigerant superheat and subcooling for optimal capacity and performance
- Hot-Start™ technologyin heat pump systems prevents cool air from blowing during HEAT operation by regulating the fan on the indoor unit so that it does not blow any air until the unit coil has reached the correct operating temperature
- i-See™ Sensor scans the upper and lower areas of a room to detect hot or cold spots and adjust temperature and airflow settings in real-time to maintain consistent comfort throughout the space.
- SmartControls on the wall or in your hand provide perfect function, temperature selection, and mode selection plus various timer and program options
- H2i® technology, available on select systems, provides heating capability effectively and efficiently even when temperatures outside fall as low as -13º F. This technology provides heat in extreme climates either to supplement existing systems or to serve as the main system in a new addition.
- Control each room individually with handheld or wall-mounted smart controllers. Our controllers put comfort a push of a button away. Select Mode, Temperature, Fan Speed, Airflow, timer functions and more.
With these and other technologies the Mitsubishi Electric comfort systems provide energy efficient, quiet and environmentally friendly solutions for your comfort needs.