AIR DUCT CLEANING
Your air ducts are like the lungs of your home. Illiana Heating & Air Conditioning recommends that you have your ducts cleaned every couple of years, but depending on your lifestyle you may need it more or less. At the very least we recommend having our highly trained technicians take a look when they are maintaining your furnace and/or air conditioner and give you an honest opinion and estimate based on the number of supply and return vents you have. Getting an Air Advice performed on your home is another great option to determine the indoor air quality in your home.
WHY CLEAN YOUR AIR DUCTS?
Today’s newer homes are built air-tight which seems very efficient. That may be; however, it is causing the indoor air quality to deteriorate. Imagine wrapping your home with plastic wrap. The home doesn’t have any drafts, but that also means that your home cannot “breathe”. Every time a door or a window is opened on a mild day; pollen, bacteria, dust, dirt and more come into your home. When you shut the doors and windows these invaders are trapped in your home and circulate through every room as your comfort system runs and pulls the air from one room and delivers it to another.
- We spend around 90% of our time in our homes, which makes indoor air quality very important.
- 40 pounds of dust is produced yearly in your home. Not only dust, dirt, and pollen coming in from the outdoors, but also human skins cells, pet dander, and even something as simple as opening a new roll of paper towels all contribute to this. That dust circulates through your duct system 5-7 times per day which can exacerbate allergies and sickness.
- Children, elderly and those with respiratory illness are more likely than healthy adults to be affected by polluted indoor air.
- Energy Savings – your HVAC system works over time when it is dirty. By keeping it clean your system is more energy-efficient and save money on your utility bills.
- If you’ve never had your ducts cleaned you are either living with all the dust and dirt from construction of your home, or you’re still living with the previous family and their pets or even their smoking habit.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY AIR DUCTS NEED TO BE CLEANED?
- Did anyone in my home have recurring respiratory issues last winter?
- Does my family or did any previous owners have pets?
- Does the room have dust settling on the furniture I just dusted 5 minutes ago?
- Have I had the ducts cleaned within the last 5 years? 10 years? Ever?
- Do you notice dust streaks coming from the registers?
- When you last changed your furnace filter did you see dust or dirt inside the filtering house?
- Do you notice any unusual odors when the system is running?
- Do you notice any discomfort when you are at home? Irritation in your throat, nose or eyes?
- Does anyone smoke in the house?
HOW DOES ILLIANA CLEAN AIR DUCTS?
Illiana uses the state of the art Rotobrush system. It uses 2 powerful vacuum motors and a rotating brush head as well as a HEPA filter. The filter is so effective that it removes 99.97% of particulates as small as 0.3 microns in size. That is so small that it cannot be seen by the human eye. Some examples of these types of particles that H.E.P.A filtration safely removes are yeast cells, molds, bacteria, pollen, plant spores (fungus), tobacco smoke, and other lung damaging particles.
Our powerful system will clean every inch of ductwork from the inside. The technician will use the system to dislodge the contaminants and debris in your ducts. The powerful vacuum will then immediately pull the contaminants out of the ducts and into the filters, returning clean air back into your home. Once the ducts are clean we treat them with an eco-safe spray included with every service to reduce future bacterial growth and eliminate anything that escaped the thorough brush and vacuum cleaning. Once your system is fully cleaned, all access holes are resealed, returning your duct system to like new condition so you and your family can breathe easy.